It’s peach season and the peaches are pouring in from Fredricksburg, Texas. I made Boozy Peach Upside Down Cake with leftover peaches from my massive peach canning extravaganza and it turned out so delicious. This cake has fresh seasonal peaches in a combination of melted butter and brown sugar topping a rich, buttery, delicate bundt cake. You add alcohol to the cake glaze to really give it a kick, it’s so yummy! It’s not hard at all and the ingredients are very basic.
- 3 Fresh Peaches (canned will do if you don’t have fresh)
- 1 1/3 cup softened butter (divided into 1 1/2 and 1/4 cups)
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar (separated into 1 1/2 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup alcohol of your choice (or peach juice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
Heat 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, add brown sugar, then pour the mixture into the bottom of a greased bundt pan.
Lay cut peach wedges in the bottom of your Bundt Pan add more choppy smaller slices as well.
Mix your cake ingredients together, cream cheese, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, 1/2 of your alcohol, and flour.
Pour batter over peaches in the Bundt Pan and bake at 325 for 80 to 85 minutes.
Make Icing Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup alcohol of your choice
Drizzle over cool cake and enjoy! My family loves this cake and I have to say it’s one of the best I’ve ever made. Try it you are sure to love it too!
Boozy Peach Upside Down Bundt Cake Recipe