Love IKEA hacks? So do we. Some of our favorite DIY projects these days are decor and furniture hacks done with cheap things found in IKEA stores. From bookcases to pretty home accessories and creative gifts, you can make just about anything from IKEA super fabulous when you follow these step by step tutorials. Choose a few to make this weekend, you will be glad you did.
IKEA Hacks for The Home
1. DIY Speckled Jewelry Dish from Coasters
Did you know that you can repurpose those cheap coasters from IKEA into a ceramic look-alike speckled jewelry dish? Yes, you heard it right. No need to break the bank to buy expensive ceramic trinkets anymore. All you need is some spray paint and you’re done! To create the speckles, use the thinnest brush and create small dots then bigger dots. How cute is that?
2. DIY IKEA Step Stool Makeover
Inspired by Scandinavian decorating style, this DIY IKEA Step Stool Makeover is a simple and quick project, but it makes all the difference in the room. All you need is Ikea Bekväm ladder, crepe insulation tape, white acrylic paint. That’s it! You can also follow along with the step-by-step instructions from Fedra Online.
3. Rast IKEA Hack
I love IKEA! An awesome IKEA hack is pretty cool too. Like this one from Hawthorne and Main. It is such a fun transformation and would look perfect as a nightstand. One thing that I also love about it is the use of geometric shapes on this dresser. Who would have known such simplicity would have created such a large impact. So beautiful!
4. Flower Stand IKEA Hack
This Flower Stand IKEA Hack is a real gem! If you want to introduce more greenery into your home (while keeping more green in your wallet), IKEA once again comes to the rescue. Try this genius tutorial and see for yourself how simple and quick this project can be to add a simple yet classy touch to your green decor.
Furniture IKEA Hacks
5. IKEA Side Table Makeover
Oh my goodness how absolutely gorgeous! The gold and white look perfect with that light colored wood. So simple and easy and now it’s such a statement piece. I especially love the rustic leg on this side table. Talk about looking chic and classy. You can’t go wrong with white and gold and this table is just perfect for it.
6. IKEA Mirror Hack
Whether in your entryway, bedroom, or bathroom, a mirror makes a great addition to any space. I love this and just got the supplies to do the same to mine. The tutorial is just inspiring I had to try this for myself and I couldn’t be happier with the turnout.
7. IKEA Hack Map Table
IKEA Hack Map Table tutorial from Pillar Box Blue is a really simple and quick way to transform a boring old side table into something with the wow factor. I so enjoy decorating with maps and this DIY project is such a cool take on it. I love how the maps turn a simple piece of furniture into a special piece of furniture.
8. DIY Abstract Brushstroke Tray
Unleash your inner creativity with this simple project DIY Abstract Brushstroke Tray. I just love how sophisticated this looks.
9. IKEA Hack Grid Moodboard
Grid Moodboard is such a fun way to organize your little knick-knacks or simply hang the things that bring you inspiration. With some IKEA Barso, spray paint, S hooks, and binder clips you can start re-creating this IKEA Hack Grid Moodboard. Snag the full details of this project from The Beauty Dojo.
10. Easy Mid Century IKEA Tarva Nightstand Hack
Check out this awesome Easy Mid Century IKEA Tarva Nightstand Hack. Doesn’t it look like from the catalog of West Elm? It looks so fancy and really got me inspired to make a beautiful Ikea Tarva nightstand too! The best part is that the cost of the materials won’t break the bank. Yay!
11. DIY Vinyl Record Shelf
12. IKEA Hack Apothecary Cabinet
13. IKEA Hack Stikwood Headboard
14. IKEA Hack Dipped Stools
15. IKEA Norden Table Hack
16. IKEA Mudroom Hack
17. IKEA Hack DIY Entry Table
18. Gold Upholstered Bench Tutorial
19. DIY Burned IKEA Cork Trivets
20. DIY Painted Basket
21. DIY Color Block Storage
22. DIY Retro-Inspired IKEA Storage Hack
23. Crafty Storage Cart
24. DIY Hanging Pallet Board
25. IKEA Hack Shoe Holder For Paper Storage
26. Bookcase Makeover DIY IKEA Hack
27. IKEA Lamp Hack
28. IKEA Rast Dresser Hack
29. DIY Industrial Sconces
30. Expensive Looking Office Chair IKEA Hack
31. IKEA Hacked Barnboard Coffee Table
32. Wood and Metal Bookshelf
33. IKEA Hack Slim Desk
34. IKEA Kallax Makeover
35. DIY IKEA Hack Gold Chair
36. IKEA Hack DIY Built In Bookcase
37. DIY Rustic Wall Mounted Spice Rack
38. Reverse Ekby Lerberg DIY Wall Shelf
39. IKEA Moppe Hack Apothecary Cabinet
40. IKEA Desk Organizer Hack
41. Potato and Vegetable Bin IKEA Rast Hack
42. IKEA Rodd Wall Sconce Hack
43. DIY Kate Spade Inspired Storage Boxes
44. Svalbo IKEA Hack
45. DIY Pendant Lights
46. Card Catalog Jewelry Box
47. Fjell Wardrobe IKEA Hack
48. IKEA Tarva Hack Drink Bar
49. DIY Reclaimed Wood Buffet IKEA Hack
50. DIY Charging Station
51. DIY Lantern Terrarium
52. IKEA Bookshelf Hack
53. DIY Glammed Up Gold Stools
54. IKEA No Sew Window Bench
55. DIY Basket Hack
56. IKEA Lack Table hack To Succulent Vertical Garden
57. DIY IKEA Hacked Curtain With Tassel Fringe
58. DIY Mini Bar Cart
59. Whitewashed Crate Display
60. Retro DIY Sideboard
61. Hand Painted Magazine Files
62. DIY Mid Century Style Cabinet
63. IKEA Hack Trash Pullout
64. DIY Painted Cutting Boards
65. DIY Cork Placemats
66. Dip Dyed Serving Utensils
67. DIY Gold Rimmed Drinking Glasses
68. IKEA Hack Chair Seat Cover
69. IKEA Hack Cork Stool
70. IKEA Malm Hack Upholstered Headboard
71. IKEA Expedit Shelving And Desk
72. IKEA Hack Framed Cork Board
73. TV Console IKEA Hack
74. IKEA Hack Colorful Shelving Unit
75. IKEA Hack Lack Shelf Cat Tree
76. IKEA Plant Pots To Make Up Brush Holder
77. IKEA Tarva Hack 3 Drawer Chest Bar Cabinet